Do I have to wash it every day? Does it grow more? Does it fall more? Read the experts opinion.
The hair is divided into root and stem. The root is what is under the skin (scalp) and the stem is the hair.
According Nueva Dermatología we lose between 50 and 100 hairs per day, product of the normal cycle of life, but they are immediately replaced by new hair.
WASH AND HEALTH
According Grimalt Dermatology there is no shampoo in the market that can reach the hair´s root and thereby damage it. As washing does not affect the result, its frequency does not affect hair loss. For the root is indifferent whether you wash it once or five a weeks.
Another thing is the hair care products such as shampoos and conditioners that directly affect the stem. Washing too often can cause more oil production from the follicles. And not wash it often can lead to microbial growth and reduce capillary oxygenation.
SHAMPOO AND LOTIONS
Again, the important thing to remember is that while specific hair products can increase the thickness or shine, do not increase the quantity and improve the fall according to Dermatology Cat.
It is always advisable to seek products that suit our type of hair, and be as neutral as possible because additional chemicals may be abrasive for the fibers.
- WASH: only when dirty, if it´s dry or normal 2/3 times a week, if not every day.
- SHAMPOO: Use small amount of product, as a hazelnut in short or medium hair, and like a nut in long hair. Use shampoo once. Just put it in the roots. The long hair be washed when rinsing. Rinse with warm water
- CONDITIONER: apply only on the long and never in the roots. 3 minutes rinse with warm or cold water
- NOURISHING CREAM: apply only in the long and never in the roots. Do not mix with air conditioner, use one or the other. Leave 15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly
- DRYER: use it as less as possible, heat affects the hair fiber and can dry it. Use always a thermal protector to minimize heat damage.
Try these simple tips and you´ll see the difference!